Tuesday, February 2, 2010

POW DAY! (by MN standards, at least)


Fresh, fluffy pow. That's what we saw coming down lastnight, and that's what we woke up to this morning. The quantity wasn't all that and a bag of chips, but the quality was some of the best I've seen in MN, from what I can remember at least. It wasn't until the last few years that I actually paid attention to the snow. However, thanks to it and a little modern technology I've developed a hobby, or habit for that matter, that I'll be addicted to for the rest of my life. At least I can't get cancer or liver disease from this one.
Back to the white stuff. The total accumulation was probably only a few inches, but it was some of the lightest, dryest snow I've ever seen. Conveniently the woman was off for the day so we made the most of our 3-hour "Early Bird" session at Buck Hill this morning. Despite our runs lasting all of a minute (if we were going slow), the riding was incredible. Piles of white fluffy goodness all over the place. A good time was had by all.
Well, that is unless you were a two-planker attending what appeared to be some lame ass high school gate bashing event. It's pretty sad when you've got 3" of fresh snow, yet there's people raking off the top layer to get the course down to the ice underneath. I will never understand it. Nonetheless, it made for a perfect time for me to be wearing my "skiing sucks" hat.
Effin' 2-plankers...

No comments:

Post a Comment